I’ve recently realized that I overlook and miss out on cool stuff to see and do right in my own backyard. But no more. With list in hand, I’m out to conquer the sights and sounds of the Charlotte metro, one by one. Learn a little more about my inspiration.
- Friday night food truck rallies
- whitewater rafting/zipline at the U.S. National Whitewater Center
- Treehouse winery
- The Billy Graham Library
- animal “safari” at the Lazy 5 Ranch
- Historic Brattonsville — haven’t been since grade school.
- VGBG, a German-style beer garden
- apple picking in the mountains
- Pick strawberries at Springs’ Farm
- Go to a Bobcats game
- visiting more N.C. wineries (Shelton, Duplin, etc.)
- Bigelow tea plantation in Charleston, S.C.
- Parasail/zipline at Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- N.C Zoo in Asheboro, N.C.
- Pearl’s garden in Bishopville, S.C.
- Laura’s Tea Room in Ridgeway, S.C.
Checked off the List:
- Go to the Quail Hollow golf tournament — complete! (May 2014)
- Downtown Asheville, N.C. – complete! (December 2012)
- Charlotte Panthers game – complete! (December 2012)
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery – complete! (October 2012)
- NASCAR Hall of Fame – complete! (October 2012)
- Elizabeth Creamery – complete! (October 2012)
Have a suggestion for something I can’t miss? Send it on over.
Do you live nearby and want to come along? Let me know – the more the merrier!