Everyone probably has a “bucket list” of things they want to do before they kick it. I’m currently developing mine in the area of culinary adventures, and I felt I should post it here to hold myself accountable. After all, peer pressure is a great motivator. Below is my current Culinary Bucket List of things I have to eat. I also love a culinary challenge, so I’ll be adding to my list of items I’d like to learn to cook/bake before I go. Stay tuned!
See my other lists: The Big List | Playing Tourist at Home
Culinary Bucket List — Things I have to eat.
On the list so far:
- Chicory coffee, a New Orleans café au lait.
- King cake.
- Scotch egg.
- A meal of “molecular gastronomy.”
- Philly cheesesteak, in Philly.
- Kouign Amann.
- Lobster roll, in Maine.
- Egg cream.
Checked off the list:
- Poutine — complete! (September 2013)
- Fried candy bar — complete! (May 2013)
- Rhubarb — complete! (April 2013)
- Monkey bread — complete! (March 2013)
- Romesco sauce — complete! (January 2013)
- Chicken and waffles — complete! (October 2012)
- Real Nathan’s hot dog — complete! (October 2012)
Adventures in Cooking — Things I’d like to make from scratch.
Have a great recipe? Send it on over!
- Beef Wellington
- Fresh pasta
- Ciabatta bread
- Italian meatballs
- Monkey Bread
- Lady Baltimore cake
- Hummingbird cake
- Anything canned
- French macarons
- Thanksgiving turkey
- Black & white cookies
- Barbecued ribs
- Osso Buco
- Hungarian Goulash
- Homemade ravioli
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Carrot cake
- Homemade marshmallows – December 2013
- Shortbread – December 6, 2010
- Cinnamon rolls – December 24, 2010
- Sticky toffee pudding – April 29, 2011